Kitchen Cupboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally60

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that one of the transformers for our under- cupboard lighting has failed. The light doesn’t work and there’s no volts at the plug for the lights.

The next one that is working, correctly shows 12v at the plug.

I recall that the transformers were hidden between the top of the cupboard and the ceiling. I can’t remove the cupboard top- can anyone give any advice on how to do this?

I have removed the visible screws. There is a fitting at the back (see photo) that looks like it holds the cupboard to the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_3328.jpeg
    IMG_3328.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
How are you measuring the volts? Some of the electronic "transformers" are quite tricky to measure under no load conditions. Have you tried a new lamp first, before deciding it's the transformer?

How are you measuring the volts? Some of the electronic "transformers" are quite tricky to measure under no load conditions. Have you tried a new lamp first, before deciding it's the transformer?
Ok, just reread your post, if you measured the adjacent one, also with no load, ignore my post.

I did. They are separate transformers as they are either side of the hob.
The lights are led lighting strips. I have got a spare so I will plug it in when I get home

Your photo shows an adjustable wall unit hanger.
To remove the cabinet from the wall, ideally you need to slacken one of the two adjustable screws facing towards the front of the cabinet ( not sure which one as I'm not familiar with that make) but I would suggest you slacken the top one first.
One screw is for adjusting the cabinet for upright (front to back) and the other screw is used to adjust the cabinet for level (up and down)

Then try and lift the cabinet up towards the ceiling about 20mm and then forwards and the cabinet should just come off the mounting bracket and you should be able to gain access to the LED Driver.

Thanks Disinterior.
I seem remember the fitter telling me that the top panel could be removed to access the LED driver. I was really hoping to be able to do that, rather than take the whole cupboard down.

A photo of the outside of the cupboard showing the top panel or whatever is above would be handy.

Eventually worked this out. The trim attached to the top, that fits flush to the ceiling can be removed (held in place by 3 screws and mastic seal to ceiling). Removed it replaced LED driver, and put everything back. All working now.
Thanks for all responses anyway.

Latest posts

Back