John Mayall RIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have the ticket from the first JM concert I went to, Manchester Free Trade Hall, 1971. The line up with Sugarcane Harris on violin, after Mick Taylor had left to join the Stones. Blues from Laurel Canyon is one of the most played albums in this house :).

Saw him twice live. Once at Shepton Mallet, and once at The Albert Hall(or so my old friend informs me - I just remember it was somewhere in London) I was a big fan in my youth.

I still have the ticket from the first JM concert I went to, Manchester Free Trade Hall, 1971. The line up with Sugarcane Harris on violin, after Mick Taylor had left to join the Stones. Blues from Laurel Canyon is one of the most played albums in this house :).
I saw that lineup at the Albert Hall the same year. And +1 for 'Blues From Laurel Canyon'.

"Ten hours in a plane, England left behind
Here in LA, wonder what I'll find...."

Last edited:
Never saw him live. I had a copy of his Bluesbreakers album with Clapton, and his Bare Wires album. I really feel old when I read about the demise of these musiciand from my youth.

K

I saw him at Southend Cliffs Pavillion 2011 (I think). Fabulous. A great contributor to music.

Back