INCRA TS-LS system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GKBray

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Its arrived, and I'm now about to start unpacking, and reading the manual, first impressions are good.

I've got the camera to hand from the start this time, should be able to upload something later this evening.

Graham

Hi Graham
I`d be interested in your report although its the Mitre gauge Incra bit I`m after for my segmented turning, not sure if you have that part?. The Incra and the Kreg seem very alike but never seen either `in the flesh`.
Cheers
Steve

Hi Steve,

I am afraid I couldn't control myself, and bought the Tablesaw fence system, the Router table, and fence system, the Mitre Express and the Mitre 3000SE.

So, this review could go on a while.

Graham

GKBray":1ci4wvpp said:
Hi Steve,

I am afraid I couldn't control myself, and bought the Tablesaw fence system, the Router table, and fence system, the Mitre Express and the Mitre 3000SE.

So, this review could go on a while.

Graham

Wow... would you mind me asking how much that little lot set you back?

And where you bought from... Tilgear?

Regards

Andy

Regards

Andy

Made me laugh Tilgear absoloutely useless company placed a order for over £200 and only received £50 of the order. 3 months later havent and wont receive any of the incra stuff ordered from them. USELESS company . My advice use woodworkers workshop ROger very helpful and very reasonable and at least he will let you know when you will get it. Thanks and your welcome

Hi,
sorry for the delay, got a little tied up with a few non shop related issues.

I am now uploading the pictures, should be online in half an hour or so. :D

As mentioned on the first post, packaging was very good.
DSC_3243_Delivery.jpg

Once inside the outer cartons, the product packaging, layout and labeling was the best I've seen.
DSC_3248_Unpacking2.jpg

All parts looked present and correct, so I took the included DVD, a nice cold beer, and spent the next 80 mins watching some guy making joints I have only ever dreamed about.

Day two

Time to bite the bullet and remove the old fence system.
DSC_3246_OldFence_01.jpg

DSC_3247_Stripped.jpg

Installing the new rails was simple enough, a new bolt in each of the four holes that secured the old fence rails, the four new rail brackets initially mount 1/4" below the table surface, and loosely tighten.

DSC_3250.jpg

DSC_3249.jpg

Four more bolts into the brackets, and slide the rails themselves on, line up approx with the center of the table.

andypo":3r3v63ah said:

Regards

Andy

Made me laugh Tilgear absolutely useless company placed a order for over £200 and only received £50 of the order. 3 months later haven't and wont receive any of the incra stuff ordered from them. USELESS company . My advice use woodworkers workshop ROger very helpful and very reasonable and at least he will let you know when you will get it. Thanks and your welcome

Hi,
I purchased the kit from Roger, at Woodworkers Workshop, after a direct recommendation from Mark Muller at Incra.

Roger has been absolutely brilliant, a very very patient man, nothing was too much trouble.

Good prices, a little discount thrown in as well, lots of advice, along with ( verbal) examples of why he made whatever decision.

finally, Roger promised delivery in 3 days, it arrived in 2.

I would have no trouble in recommending Roger to anyone thinking of buying any Inra.

Graham

After centering the rails on the saw bed, the next job was the fit the support brackets to the positioner support rail, then fit that assembly to the fence rails, then slide the LS positioner itself on the support rail, as below.

DSC_3253.jpg

Then slide the arm into place.

DSC_3255.jpg

Affixing the actuall fence itself to the arm, was also stright forward, two pieces of card (supplied) placed on the saw bed, four more bolts into the bracket, along with two more brackets that sit directly on the fence rails themselves to add additional support.

DSC_3259.jpg

Now the slow job of squaring everything up.

I luckily had a very small engineers square that was a perfect fit in the mitre slot, so I moved the fence up as close as possible, and locked it into place, then using the micro adjuster, wound the fence forward until it just touched the small square.

Moving the square to the other end of the slot, revealed a gap or around 2 thou, in order line up the fence, the eight screws on the red positionser base plate (see above) need to be slackened off, and the whole assembly tilted until the fence is parralell with the mitre slot.

This was without a doubt the most cumbersome part of the whole installation, one little knudge too much, and start again. All in all, I think this part took about half an hour, give or take a few mins.

Next was to ensure that the fence was at right angles to the table saw, again on the back of the fence there are two bolts, which bolt through the slots in the silver plate at the end of the positioner arm, slacking them off, and moving the fence up and down, adjusts the final angle evry so slightly.

Once lined up, and locked down, we're done. Time for a test cut.

I took a pice of scrap MDF, about 18" long, ran it through for a clean up cut, and then adjusted the fence to slice off a piece 1x32" thick.

I think the results speak for themselves.

DSC_3264.jpg

The proof :
DSC_3267.jpg

Summary:

Packaging: Spot On.
Instructions: Superb, one or two places to stop and read again, but very clear, with excellent part labeling, along with good use of detail drawings.

Assembly: very precise, and fidely, but what else would you expect.

Test cuts: Perfect

So, I am glad I spent the money ??? Damn Right.
Would I do it again ?? without a second thought.

Now on to the Router Table.

Graham

I always thought it was a lot of money for what it was, the pictures in catalogues don't show the scale right, I want one.

Aidan

Latest posts

Back