Inca 342 bandsaw tension spring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burntbob

Reaction score
Hello all, first post after lurking for some time.
After reading some great advice on here I've recently acquired an Inca 342 bandsaw. I managed to get a good price on it as the tension spring was missing. Basically the tension 'box' with the top wheel shaft and tracking adjuster is empty, the tension screw is present. I've printed out a copy of the manual with the parts diagram and can see a spring, tension indicator and spring 'cup' should be in there. So now I'm looking for some specs and advice on a suitable spring. Has anyone replaced or upgraded theirs? Does anyone have a photo/diagram of the inside of this assembly?
It's had a good clean, new wheel and guide bearings and I've placed an order with Ian at Tuffsaws for a set of blades. I may even post some photos. Really looking forward to getting it up and running again!

Any advice will be gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Carl

If you haven't already found a spring etc, I suggest you try visiting the incamachines website and follow the 'contact us' links. You may find the parts expensive, but as you can't use the bandsaw without them you will have to bite the bullet.
I would suggest that you should use genuine parts unless you can find out the spring rate/specification. Using a stronger spring could damage the frame.

Latest posts

Back