How to seal the metal shed to the base

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming the shed is second hand?
Looking at your drawing I would guess that it would have originally had some kind of seal fitted into the central void in the base piece. If there is a manufacturers name on it anywhere then maybe ask them, they might be able to supply it. Or contact someone who makes similar ones.
But you do need to look at why the top plate it sits on would appear to be tilted rather than horizontal.
In your drawing the studs are shown as being narrower than the top and bottom plates, that is confusing. I would have assumed it was all 4x2, so would have expected the studs and plates to be the same width.
If it is as shown then I would guess the problem may be that because the load is off centre, and the stud is not the full width of the plate, it is causing the top plate to lift on its outer edge.
Looking at your drawing something like the below might do for the wall seal, price is per metre but any length you want.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241017-033724.png
    Screenshot_20241017-033724.png
    787.1 KB
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back