• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Froe and Splitting Wedges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at purchasing a Froe and splitting wedges but thought I'd reach out on here and see if has one surplus to requirements and looking to move on?

Looking at purchasing a Froe and splitting wedges but thought I'd reach out on here and see if has one surplus to requirements and looking to move on?
I don't have one spare but would recommend a maul rather than a froe for logs. The froe is good for smaller pieces and kindling (stuff you wouldn't need wedges for)

I don't have one spare but would recommend a maul rather than a froe for logs. The froe is good for smaller pieces and kindling (stuff you wouldn't need wedges for)
I'm looking to rive wood for boards and components if that makes sense

I'm looking to rive wood for boards and components if that makes sense
Ah yes... makes much more sense now!

I had a go at making one from a section of leaf spring but I struggled to form the eye with the thick steel. I ended up buying one on Ebay, though I note that the prices have risen since then. They're between about £ 48 to £68 and some are without handles. As for the wedges you can get a pair for £20 delivered, which isn't too bad.

Latest posts

Back