For my Valentine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niimus

Established Member
Reaction score
Tried making a heart shaped box as a potential valentines gift and here are the results...

P.S. For 50 years I have been looking at Dremels thinking 'I could do with one of those...' finally got one today .... OMFG 50 wasted years ....

heart box 1.jpg

heart box 2.jpg

heart box 3.jpg

Martin

Attachments

• heart box 1.jpg
    heart box 1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 747
  • heart box 2.jpg
    heart box 2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 747
  • heart box 3.jpg
    heart box 3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 747
Very nice Martin and welcome to the Dremel club :cool: wait until you discover the "Joy Of Flex" flexi drives will make hand engraving easier :cool:

Brian

I cut the heart from 18mm pine using this pattern:

heart design.png

Then cut 2 (stacked) pieces of 1/8 ply having drawn round the outside of the pine hearts.
After gluing I used the dremel to sand down the ply top and bottom pieces to match the sides.

As for the flexi-drive - I've used nothing else since I got the Dremel 4000-1/45 kit which included the flexi-drive:)

Attachments

• heart design.png
    heart design.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 673
Very nice Martin.

Like you I keep looking at the various (Dremel's) and thinking I must get one, then something else comes along to blow the budget. :roll:

Take care.

Chris.

I have a Proxxon like this Chris, http://www.axminster.co.uk/proxxon-ibs- ... der-300121 and use it with their flrxi shaft build quality is as good as my Foredom that I use for detailed projects....... hardly any plastic in them and they have proper bearings so don't get hot and bothered like my old Dremel does.

Cheers
Brian
ps forgot to mention the Proxxon is very quiet compared to other rotary tools, Foredoms are good BUT overpriced fortunately I got mine for free (old job)

Latest posts

Back