Flooring snagging

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LondonDIY

Reaction score
I’ve had to redo my hallway flooring due to rotten joists. The wall plate sits quite high and makes for adjusting the joist hangers quite difficult.

I’ve spent ages getting the flooring to be perfect and there’s a few mill in it which is apparent by the gap you see under the door.

I’m losing my patience and I’m trying to work out how best to tackle this. I was thinking of recutting another piece as there’s a 5 mm gap on side and ideally I’d like to tuck the ply under the door but I might not be able to on the right far. There’s a porch on the otherwise which I’m thinking I need to insulate to stop draft.

Do I just insulate the otherside (stuff wool) and call it a day?

Attachments

• IMG_2903.jpeg
    IMG_2903.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2902.jpeg
    IMG_2902.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2897.jpeg
    IMG_2897.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2904.jpeg
    IMG_2904.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Hi - did you manage to sort this . As @niall Y suggests above I did this recently to correct a 10mm discrepancy along a hallway floor . Glazing packers sorted this out going from 10mm to 2mm across the joists . The process was then repeated every 300mm along the hallway until the end . Floorboards refitted and screwed down -job done ..

Thanks for the reply. I haven’t got round to it yet but that was my strategy, packers to raise in places and noggings to stiffen it up.

What I cannot work out if it’s worth doing PIR in the gaps.

Not sure what you mean by P I R - I’m assuming insulation of some type?? but main thing is to get the gradient correct so that the floor boards are fully supported and don’t sagg at any point . Looking at your picks if you do mean insulation ( p I r ) then I don’t see much point on a suspended floor..

Latest posts

Back