eBay scrapping selling fees for private sellers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
I must admit, I feel good about this, but having sold an awful lot of things since Jan this year, I feel this change would have been better 12 months ago - would have saved me a fortune 😄

Yes, many sell on Facebook or other sites these days, but I always found eBay's reach to be impressive!

Business sellers and motor sales are excluded from this change though.

Happy selling.

They've only scrapped the listing fee(35p) the huge transaction fee is still there 25_30%. Most don't pay a listing fee anyway. Trust me there tighter than a nuns chuff.

I can't tell from the wording if they have scrapped all fees. Hopefully!

This is what they said in the email notification …

selling​

Earlier in the year, we removed transaction fees for pre-loved clothing. As of 1 October 2024, we are extending this across categories, with the exception of motors. Here’s what this means for you:​
  • •​
    Transaction fees were paid when your item sells. We are removing these fees, meaning selling is now free. This applies for both new and existing listings.​
  • •​
    Listing fees are paid when you list an item. You will receive 300 free listings a month.​
  • •​
    Optional add-on features, such as international selling and promoting your listing, will be available for an additional cost.​

Back