Each to their own, as they say?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting, one thing is that there's no mention of manual machines, ie. treadle fret saws or marquetry donkeys.

That's true. I had some plans for a chevalet at some stage, and was going to ask our local carpenter/furniture boy to price it up....but never got round to doing so. I suspect it would be frightening, and anyway, I haven't the room for one.
There was another reason, come to think...but she's in the kitchen now, so I'll move swiftly on...
I've always fancied one of the Hobbies jobs - and they do come up on eBay now and then - but again....room.

I have a Hobbies treadle that I inherited, I think its an A1, it serves me no purpose, if it is of interest let me know, I'm not for posting on the bay etc to sell it, but would be nice if someone could make use of it and give it a home.

Got a load of the, I'll call them "Hobbies magazines", from the late 40's/50's again same answer as above.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Back