• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Dutch Tool Chest Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosuchhounds

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have plans for a Dutch Tool Chest? They were issued in Popular Woodworking OCT 2013 but cant download them anymore. Just wondered it anyone had plans they are willing to share?

Little bit of a conversation in this old thread, I even had an appearance in it on the basis I was toying with making one: Dutch tool box

Anyway I have since made one , having drawn up some basic details for one, all based loosely on a Chris Schwartz design, however the finished box was modified to suit the materials I had, and the tools I needed to go in, I also made base a box for it to sit on, with a pull out drawer, which houses my hand planes.

It works really well, everything has a place and everything is in it, the downside is I now can't lift it, so lives in my van.

dutch tool box plans.png

The sloping lid was apparently to help rain run off or to place paperwork/plans on.

Little bit of a conversation in this old thread, I even had an appearance in it on the basis I was toying with making one: Dutch tool box

Anyway I have since made one , having drawn up some basic details for one, all based loosely on a Chris Schwartz design, however the finished box was modified to suit the materials I had, and the tools I needed to go in, I also made base a box for it to sit on, with a pull out drawer, which houses my hand planes.

It works really well, everything has a place and everything is in it, the downside is I now can't lift it, so lives in my van.

View attachment 184084

Thanks so much for this. I want to add a base box with drawers for odds and sods

The sloped lid, I remember hearing it was to stop you people or yourself using it as a surface. To prevent you having to move stuff off to get access. I think it was Megan who said it, very vague memory.

The sloped lid, I remember hearing it was to stop you people or yourself using it as a surface. To prevent you having to move stuff off to get access. I think it was Megan who said it, very vague memory.
that was my understanding too

Back