Didn't know this tool even existed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230218_221140_Facebook.jpg

Never even heard of such a thing. Perhaps another way to skin a cat!

I guess if the clamping setup is good, its probably fine, you just wouldnt wanna put your pinkies near it, or operate it at waist height just in case it caught your trousers 😉

I can see all the XL 700 Domino's shaking in fear at the sight of such a beast, you would not want to slip with that.

Festool made one but think it's now discontinued, Mafell still do one for about £3,500+

Is that a chain mortiser? Looks like a drill chisel mortiser with that big handle on the side?
Defo chain, one of the the levers is for clamping the others give you lateral movement, side to side and front to back, better picture showing the chain more clearly, you do need both hands to hold it and switch it on.
or operate it at waist height just in case it caught your trousers
Your quite safe, you stand this side so your not going to get anything caught in it :oops:

chain morticer2.jpg

Ah I thought the bellows shown in post 13 was the cutting head, the better picture does make it easier to understand the functioning. o_O

There's a festool that has the chain fixed. It is mounted to a plunge saw gearcase and such, so runs on their rail. I have used one to mill lumber (not large pieces). You have to cut the very tip off the riving knife, but it works well enough. (BTW, I didn't pay for the saw, so couldn't say if it's better value for money than any other milling technique. I really only tried it just to see if it worked.)

There's a festool that has the chain fixed. It is mounted to a plunge saw gearcase and such, so runs on their rail. I have used one to mill lumber (not large pieces). You have to cut the very tip off the riving knife, but it works well enough. (BTW, I didn't pay for the saw, so couldn't say if it's better value for money than any other milling technique. I really only tried it just to see if it worked.)
You are describing a beam cutter unless I misunderstand.

https://www.praziusa.com/12-beam-cutter-model-pr-2700/
Pete

Latest posts

Back