cost of sky tv is going up again... soooo...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MickCheese":94clbpd6 said:
Is Eurosport a Sky channel?

Mick

I don't think so. It does appear in the freeview listings but its an addition cost.
Other channels at additional cost are Gold and some sky channels.

I've no idea how you get them or what the cost is though.

If you wait long enough, all the sky programs come to the free channels eventually.

MickCheese":5z5a16mi said:
Is Eurosport a Sky channel?
Mick
I have Virgin Media Cable and Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 are part of my package. I'm keen on pro-cycle racing and they do by far the best coverage, plus their idea of sport is not limited to the usual stuff of other channels.

benjimano":pidaga4m said:
Have a look on google for a freesat/freeview channel list. There are a good few channels to be had and some alternatives to sky.

Quest channel is similar to discovery.
You do get a lot of news channels and iirc, you get sky news too.

Quest isn't available on freesat, no Dave either.

Regards

Dave.

MickCheese":3re4b5as said:
Roger
Not really interested in football but do watch the motorcycling and cycling so Eurosport is a must.
Mick
Me neither - that's why I like Eurosport. :)

llangatwgnedd":3u80iogp said:
Get yourself a Humax freesat hdr. works with existing sky dish etc, super reliable, super picture, sensible and easy to use setup etc. not cheap but you get what you pay for.

You will never regret buying a Humax box, especially the latest pvr.

Uses the same transponders as $ky, so so simple to convert, and saves bags of dosh for your tools and workshop.

What conversion is needed? Surely it works as sold?

BugBear

bugbear":wnqsu19a said:
llangatwgnedd":wnqsu19a said:
Get yourself a Humax freesat hdr. works with existing sky dish etc, super reliable, super picture, sensible and easy to use setup etc. not cheap but you get what you pay for.

You will never regret buying a Humax box, especially the latest pvr.

Uses the same transponders as $ky, so so simple to convert, and saves bags of dosh for your tools and workshop.

What conversion is needed? Surely it works as sold?

BugBear

It should just be a case of connecting to the dish. It's not using the sky decoder and a dish is a dish.

I got it wrong before. It's not Eurosport, its ESPN sport.

There is no need to record anything nowadays as they repeat it at least twice a week. and then again the following week on another channel. When they have exhausted the repeats over the week they then have a back to back of the repeats again the following month! Of course if you are into talent shows there are plenty of ones to choose from, thank goodness they don't repeat those! :roll: Got to admit though on the odd occasion the BBC will put on a new drama series which are very good. I assume they fund these with all of the money they save on repeating everything again and again. :evil: I have given up any subscription channels and now just have freeview so i can watch all of the repeats for free instead of paying for them. Rant over. :(

mailee":pd4vvhss said:
There is no need to record anything nowadays as they repeat it at least twice a week. and then again the following week on another channel. When they have exhausted the repeats over the week they then have a back to back of the repeats again the following month! Of course if you are into talent shows there are plenty of ones to choose from, thank goodness they don't repeat those! :roll: Got to admit though on the odd occasion the BBC will put on a new drama series which are very good. I assume they fund these with all of the money they save on repeating everything again and again. :evil: I have given up any subscription channels and now just have freeview so i can watch all of the repeats for free instead of paying for them. Rant over. :(

Ah yes but you cannot skip the adverts! :D :D

Mick

Latest posts

Back