Clamex S-20 Biscuit connector 'fix'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I was fitting a largish built in cabinet with face frame using dominos and the Clamex S-20 connectors to hold the face frame in place. I was having trouble getting everything lined up and and I realised it was the Clamex that were making it difficult.

The problem was the Clamex have small ridges on the male and female connector and once you push them together there is no wiggle room, if you need to move it slightly you have to pull it fully apart and push it back together again hopefully in the right position. This was causing issues as every time I pulled the face frame off other bits were coming out of line, it was one of those jobs where you needed three hands.

The quick fix I found was to use a sharp chisel and cut the ridges off the male part, this meant when pushed together it could slide the 1 or 2mm I needed to get things lined up and it also still clamped up and pulled the face frame back when tightened as it should.

Not sure if it's clear but he top one still has the ridges and the bottom one has them removed.

biscuit fix 2.jpg

I know this won't interest 99% of people but one day someone might find it useful!

Back