Canadian signing in.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BC'er

Reaction score
Greetings gents, and ladies, I'm from British Columbia and glad to be aboard. Not much else to say at this point I suppose, but am a wood and metal worker (home) with a taste for restorations and vintage tools and machinery in general.

If I was in Saskabush I'd have run already - straight out here. :D

Thanks for welcome! ;)
I moved out of the Fraser Valley in 2015 and have no regrets leaving. Worked out very well for us. More sunny days than BC by far. Only downside is there aren't as many trees to play with.

Pete

Welcome, I've been to BC a few times and I have some great friends in Mission and the Okanagan and some of them are from Saskatoon, too.

I moved out of the Fraser Valley in 2015 and have no regrets leaving. Worked out very well for us. More sunny days than BC by far. Only downside is there aren't as many trees to play with.

Pete

That I can understand, and the Vancouver rain shadow is no fun. The price of real estate is the one great advantage of the prairies. Plenty of good wood in those old grain elevators though. ;)

Welcome to the asylum 🙋‍♂️ 🤪
Once you've settled in feel free to post some pics of your work and if you're feeling festive sign up our secret santa event, the thread is in the General chat (off topic) forum 😉

Greetings gents, and ladies, I'm from British Columbia and glad to be aboard. Not much else to say at this point I suppose, but am a wood and metal worker (home) with a taste for restorations and vintage tools and machinery in general.
Greetings from Windermere, B.c.

I am a newbie here too. I lived and worked in southern Alberta for a year or so waaay back in the early 80's. Visited B.C. a few times travelling though Crow's Nest Pass. Was back there in 2017 for a holiday and reminiscing. Beautiful part of the world.

Welcome. It seems we have a lot of folks from Canada, i wonder if there ares some UKW member location stats anywhere I can see!

Back