Buying from America

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if people on here buy products from across the pond and if they have uncounted any problems before??? I'm after the Kreg Router lift for my Kreg table. In the uk the cheapest price iv found is £450, were as in the States iv found a company selling the same product for £200 + £48 pounds delivery, A huge difference in price.....

Ben

shouldnt be a huge problem. i have bought some bits. You will probably get nailed for the tax and an admin fee, but that should be about 50 quid, so still a decent saving. Try to get them to ship USPS- in my experience the cheapest admin fees this end and tend to be cheapest carriage.

I looked into importing some Pony pipe clamps some years ago. I seem to recall talking to my local Customs and Excise office for advice.

Colin

I recently bought some stuff from USA
£140 incl carriage (via USPS)+£32 tax and admin.
Best UK price £216, so saved over £40 - worthwhile in my book.

Ian

If you can get a tariff code ( lots of people who import have the book ) you can find out the import duty and tax applicable to that product. If it isn't specified and C&E guess it, it will probably be higher. As others have said in my experience( with photographic equipment) it always works out a lot cheaper usually what we pay in pounds you get for the same dollars. Geoff

Latest posts

Back