Build in bookshelf suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a full wall I want covered in bookshelves - I'd like the look to be as a traditional build in library style set of shelves in a traditional wood finish.

Now I would usually just make something, but I am really short on time this year. I don't mind doing some scribing and cutting some cover pieces/base board - but I really can't be making the whole damn bookshelf.

Does anyone have a supplier who does "pre-fab" bookshelves which I could then fit with a nice classic library look using decent materials?

Regards
Joe

There was a really good post on here about a library build, maybe @Doug B or @Doug71 that gave me some good ideas. For what you are doing the only difference really with bookshelves is that buying them you get the material you are given and it is either assembled or ready to assemble, do it yourself you buy the material you want and then just assemble. If you have a Lamello P2 that always look likes a good option to join sheet goods just expensive.

Last edited:
They can be as cheap as chips or run into thousands. I think it depends on the projected lifetime. Most people opt for a veneered board but for the past few years I use cut down flush doors. The trick is to find an acceptable finish and reinforce the cut edges with glued in softwood battens.

Latest posts

Back