block plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andpartington

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
i have been using my dads Stanley220 Block-Plane for a few years now and feel it is time to get my own!!! :D

i like the feel of the stanley but was wondering if there was something better for the same sort of cash or a little more! but without looseing the shape and feel of the stanley.

for general work do i need a low or high angled one?

i am looking to spend 50 quid or less

thanks andy

If you can stretch a wee bit further you could go for one of these

http://www.classichandtools.com/acatalo ... lanes.html

Would suggest the bronze block at £71, but 10% off that price for Xmas I think so not a huge amount more than you were thinking of and you will simply not find better unless you go for handmade by one of the "masters" ! A world apart from the Stanleys etc, no comparison.

Standard angle should be fine for most things, low angle if you expect to do a lot of endgrain trimming.

Cheers, Paul. :D

Agree with Paul. Something from the LN range (or Veritas) is infinitely better than the current offerings from Record or Stanley (and I've owned severial in the past) Even better, CHT have got a 10% reduction on LN stuff up to Christmas - Rob

Latest posts

Back