Axminster compound mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanleythecat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I was given an axminster compound mitre saw a couple of years ago by my father. He hadn't used it much and I was putting together some fitted wardrobes so he said 'have it'. It's done well but until recently I've never questioned its accuracy.

Without a manual I'm at a loss as to how, if at all I might be able to make adjustments if it is out of square in either plane. I'm sure there are hundreds of different models but would you guys have any ideas where I might start looking?

Many thanks

Leo

Axy? For a manual? They are usually quite helpful.

So far I haven't needed to adjust mine. I expect when I do, it will be due to wear in 'mating parts', and shims will be necessary.
Mind you, I do have the manual. But until it starts playing up., I leave well alone. :)

Stanleythecat":2vct3quy said:
Thanks Benchwayze.

I'm not sure it has ever been perfect TBH. I did email Axminster with the product code etc and didn't get a bean back.

Hmmm! Things change over the years then. But it seems you can get a manual from the site, so maybe not all is lost.

Best of luck Stan. :)

What is the model number? Or if you don't know the model, a few pics might help ID it. Often a google search for an item can result in a manual held somewhere.

I seem to recall the manual that came with mine was very sparse on detail. However, for the money, it's a pretty accurate saw, and adjusting the fence and bevel are simple using scrap and a square for reference. A new blade can also make one hell of a difference.

Latest posts

Back