Axminster AWVFS trouble

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MurphyN

Reaction score
Hi scrollers

I have an Axminster AWVFS which has seen me good occasional service over several years.
I’m experiencing a few problems with it and would love some advice from more experienced tool users.

Today the whole upper blade holder assembly has been working loose and has jumped out a couple of times. When I screw it back in (the arm itself has thread inside, it goes in with a tooth washer only as far as i can see from the manual), it turns but doesn’t bite tight - and so works itself loose quickly again.

Any ideas on how it can get it back into use?

Attachments

• scrollsaw blade holder.jpg
    scrollsaw blade holder.jpg
    2.6 MB
  • scrollsaw label.jpg
    scrollsaw label.jpg
    3.3 MB
See if you can buy a replacement from Axminster , The White version is the cheapest of the cheap so quality is not high.
Ah, you think it's just got to the end of its useful life?
(and would you recommend anything else for better value?)

These lower end machines are nearly all made in China / Taiwan in the same factory , Painted a different colour with different branding / makers names
If you want better quality look at hegner on eBay or Facebook . Can't normally go wrong with German engineering , They can be found at good value , One near Oxford for £50 , As they are heavy most seller want home collection , That is good as you can ask to see it working.

Back