Anyone got/tried Parker table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seb Palmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After making several 'quick n dirty' table-saws, whenever I need to make certain cuts, and then disassembling, I've decided I need a 'real' one. Can't find a cheap/affordable used one near me, and the Aldi Workzone one appears to be unavailable at present.

Has anyone here tried one of these: https://www.parkerbrand.co.uk/10-table-saw.html ? And if so, what's the verdict? The #1 issue for me, alas, is budget. Also space: tiny workshop!

Regards,

Sebastian

Personally, I would never touch a tablesaw that only costs a hundred quid. You're talking about a device that spins at thousands of rpm and can take your wrist off in a second.

That aside, for anything less than about £600 you're probably guaranteed to have a table vs that is aluminium or pressed steel and not flat, a fence that is nigh on useless and sub-par quality motor & components.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but if you really want a tablesaw that you're not going to be disappointed in, it's worth saving up more money.

An alternative is to look at getting a half decent track saw - they can do the majority of what a tablesaw can do, but you get more bang for your buck

P. S. That is most definitely not a 'real' tablesaw ;)

I've had the same saw by titan from screwfix and its complete garbage, even for rough cutting.
I would avoid like the plage and purchase a second hand site saw from dewalt, makita or bosch.
I recommended a site saw because of the small foot print and their weight, they are very light weight.
I can easily carry my Dewalt DW745 for long distances.

Sebastian

I know nothing about the Parker tablesaw but I can fully appreciate the lack of space for a "proper" tablesaw!

If you can stretch to £400ish, you can get one of these portable DeWalt table saws > https://www.amazon.co.uk/DEWALT-DW745-C ... dewalt+745

I have the slightly bigger version (7491) and it's a brilliant bit of kit I own, best tool I have.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps I ought to post some pics of my 'quick n dirty' homemade table saws? Maybe then people might think that even a super-cheap table saw would be an improvement!?

Anyway, the biggest constraint is money, of rather lack thereof. I'd love to get the DeWalt jobsite saw; looks great (& lots of positive reviews). But I simply don't have even £50, never mind £400. A £100 table saw would be an extravagant indulgence for me right now! Ideally I'd like to get one via Freecycle - I've had tons of stuff that way, but not many power tools! - so that seems unlikely.

I bought a cheap mitre saw (£20) off a gumtree seller today, as a temporary replacement for my Rage3-S, which died on me. So that's £20 less available for a table saw :-/

Looks like it's the cable-tied 'skill-saw' under a plywood board clamped to two workmates for the foreseeable!

I've spent months trying to get a decent table saw at a realistic price. The two are mutually incompatible.

A cheap table saw will look better than your own lash up, but its going to cut to the same standard.

If you are using construction timber on a building site, that will be ok. If you want precision to make furniture or even (in my case) trinket boxes, put your money in a piggy bank till you have £500, which even then is a starting price.

Ive got a 10" parkerbrand table saw like the one your looking at. Thought it was a good buy at the time, like another poster said, if your not after accuracy it certainly gets the job done. I do worry about how it jerks into life so suddenly when you turn it on but it rips, the fence could be more accurate but its not as bad as people are making out, IF, your not looking to make super precision cuts. If i had known what I know now however, I would agree that saving up for a better saw would be a better bet.

Latest posts

Back