another tall ribbed box!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornucopia

Established Member
Reaction score
todays efforts

DSCF5680.jpg

DSCF5681.jpg

DSCF5685.jpg

DSCF5686.jpg

DSCF5687.jpg

Lovely George. They especially look nice all together.

What finish have you used?

:lol: you need to ask :roll: -lemon oil on the spalted beech chestnut ebonizing laquer on the oak two

i cant iunderstand why the group pic looks slightly blurred??? i'lll try a slightly bigger pic and see if that helps

DSCF5687-1.jpg

Nice boxes.

If you try to take a close up photo quite often you will have some blurriness. Try standing back and then zoom to fill the frame. That's what I do with pens

I've been using LO and I really like it. Will post some pics when I get round to it.

What camera are you using George? Try taking the image on a tripod and take the pic using the timer, so that you're not touching the camera when it clicks.

the tallest is 19" and yes the spalted beech is dry- when i cut my vase/hollow form blanks i somtimes cut these pieces from the sides of the logs if there big enough.

joiner_sim":1ynw8bhq said:
Looking good, how do you hollow it out?

its not hollowed very deep (maybe 4") to aid stability and to allow the box to be used- so i only used a spindle gouge on its side.

Back