Another recycling centre bargain..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubber

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A whole £1.00 at the tip. Marples and Son, anywhen between 1938 - 1956, could be a pattern 2400A, a handy size.

A couple of worm holes but I hope the total of 4 x 30 seconds in the microwave has killed any lingering worms, then rubbed over with Danish Oil whilst still warm.

Cleaned, sharpened and re-set the blade, works a treat!

20240914_115022.jpg

Bandsaw blades make amazing blades for these. Cut em Drill em an use em!
I made one with a bit of old bandsaw blade as getting my hands on ready made turning saw blades here in Australia is almost inpossible and If I could it would be very expensive. I found I had to take a saw file and ease the rake of the teeth as they are just too grabby for hand sawing. 6 TPI is a good all rounder. Free blades for life and doing your bit for the planet too.
Regards
John

I on
A whole £1.00 at the tip. Marples and Son, anywhen between 1938 - 1956, could be a pattern 2400A, a handy size.

A couple of worm holes but I hope the total of 4 x 30 seconds in the microwave has killed any lingering worms, then rubbed over with Danish Oil whilst still warm.

Cleaned, sharpened and re-set the blade, works a treat!

View attachment 188072
I once microwaved a fly by mistake, didn't die, don't know why not.

Latest posts

Back