Air nailer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow thats cheap ones I looked at were nearly £300

Wouldnt have thought it was anygood but you never know.

I got a decent nailer / stapler for £39.00 plus about £7.00 shipping, works well and looks sturdier ( One piece cast ally body)than that one from netto.
Tried it and at 8 BAR it drives a 50mm brad no problem.
Comes from Germany and its a regular on Ebay.
Mind you at the money the Netto ones looks a bargain too.

Streepips":19upypry said:
I got a decent nailer / stapler for £39.00 plus about £7.00 shipping, works well and looks sturdier ( One piece cast ally body)than that one from netto.
Tried it and at 8 BAR it drives a 50mm brad no problem.
Comes from Germany and its a regular on Ebay.
Mind you at the money the Netto ones looks a bargain too.

Big difference though thats not a brad nailer its a framing nailer so you would need a good compressor to run it if you are gonna try 90mm nails.

A brad gun will run of most compressors easily.

OK for a diyer I am sure it would be OK.

I wouldnt fancy a 90mm ring shank going off in the wrong direction or getting stuck in a cheapo chinese copy...

Chippy,,,

If I want to drive a decent shanked brad in a joist or rafter , stud wall etc I use the Paslode.Nuff said?
If I want to put together light framework or trims I use the £39:00 job OK?

We dont all do just grunt work in rigger boots do we?

Horses for courses.

The thing is the nailer and compressor is less than £100.
Ok for the diy man and the odd job.
I had a look in netto at them today ,i couldn't see a nailer.
(Although i saw the ring shanked 90mm nails)
But they had a drill an a grinding tool,both seem reasonable
quality and cheap ( money wise). :)

Streepips":2jlnrlwp said:
Chippy,,,

If I want to drive a decent shanked brad in a joist or rafter , stud wall etc I use the Paslode.Nuff said?
If I want to put together light framework or trims I use the £39:00 job OK?

We dont all do just grunt work in rigger boots do we?

Horses for courses.

What are you on about?

Did you think I was having a dig at you or something ?

All I was saying was basically I wouldn't mind using a cheapo brad gun but a cheapo framing nailer is another kettle of fish as punkrockdad said it would be very dangerous if it went wrong.

As for the Rigger boot comment you lost me there :?

Hang on fella's it's got a CE mark, does that not mean
it's passed as safe by Europe!! Surely that mean's somebody
has tested it to see if he ends up with a nail in the head!!!

The old Rigger boot job :lol: :lol:

chippy1970":3b6vq4wd said:
as punkrockdad said it would be very dangerous if it went wrong.

I think that would apply to any model. Course, you get what you pay for but, for occasional use I reckon it is probably OK.

MDF_HAKA":3af0joqo said:
chippy1970":3af0joqo said:

I think that would apply to any model. Course, you get what you pay for but, for occasional use I reckon it is probably OK.

Ok lets put it simply if you had to choose, would you rather be hit by a tiny brad nail or a great big 90mm framing nail.

chippy1970":3f35yk42 said:
MDF_HAKA":3f35yk42 said:
chippy1970":3f35yk42 said:

Ok lets put it simply if you had to choose, would you rather be hit by a tiny brad nail or a great big 90mm framing nail.

Thanks for keeping it simple.:roll: I'll try to do likewise to get my point over.
I know of several people that have had mishaps with nailguns, some of the mishaps involved Paslodes. Cheap or expensive, they can all misfire, jam, whatever.

HTH

I think you get what you pay for,a lot of things are cheap,your life isn`t,when it comes to tools I`d much rather use a good one then buy a cheap one thats going to hurt me....even if its been tested...the tester may have had a good day testing and said this things alright....But down the road is it going to be? Its my money so I`ll buy qaulity the first time and let those others buy the junk thats future E`bay material.Why do you think its on E`bay to start with??.

Grinding One":2j9wmysm said:
I think you get what you pay for,a lot of things are cheap,your life isn`t,when it comes to tools I`d much rather use a good one then buy a cheap one thats going to hurt me....

So if I spend more money on a tool I'm not going to get hurt by it? True to say a more expensive tool is less likely to go wrong and will probably outlast the cheapie. To say a cheap tool will hurt you whereas an expensive one won't isn't true. The, rather simplified, testing example could be true of any product. I think things are a little more stringent than just leaving it up to a bored worker saying " pah, it'll do".
I also sell stuff on ebay but, I do not sell junk. To infer that everything being sold on ebay is there because it is junk is rather insulting to the majority of honest sellers IMO.

MDF_HAKA":2l66idlq said:
chippy1970":2l66idlq said:
MDF_HAKA":2l66idlq said:
chippy1970":2l66idlq said:

Thanks for keeping it simple.:roll: I'll try to do likewise to get my point over.
I know of several people that have had mishaps with nailguns, some of the mishaps involved Paslodes. Cheap or expensive, they can all misfire, jam, whatever.

the

Not simple enough for you obviously :roll: :roll:

I was not talking about the make or quality of nailer what i was trying to get across was that a brad nail is around 16 to 18 gauge and a framing nail is probably 5 or 6 times the diameter of a brad and a framing nail comes out of the gun with a much more powerful kick than a brad. So this means if it goes wrong as I said it would be much more dangerous than a brad gun.

As you say expensive tools can go wrong too but I was not talking about the price or the quality of tool.

chippy1970":48qcjgb8 said:
Not simple enough for you obviously :roll: :roll:
Obviously not.
chippy1970":48qcjgb8 said:
I was not talking about the make or quality of nailer what i was trying to get across was that a brad nail is around 16 to 18 gauge and a framing nail is probably 5 or 6 times the diameter of a brad and a framing nail comes out of the gun with a much more powerful kick than a brad. So this means if it goes wrong as I said it would be much more dangerous than a brad gun.

As you say expensive tools can go wrong too but I was not talking about the price or the quality of tool.

Ah righto, so you didn't write

"All I was saying was basically I wouldn't mind using a cheapo brad gun but a cheapo framing nailer is another kettle of fish as punkrockdad said it would be very dangerous if it went wrong.

???

Ok I will try once more

Framing nail (no matter what make or cost) = Very big and dangerous

Brad nail (no matter what make or cost) = very small and not so dangerous

chippy1970":2zrugtin said:
Ok I will try once more

Framing nail (no matter what make or cost) = Very big and dangerous

Brad nail (no matter what make or cost) = very small and not so dangerous

Framing nail (no matter what make or cost) in eye = probable loss of eye
Brad nail (no matter what make or cost) in eye = probable loss of eye.

Your turn. :wink:

Back