Advice on drilling large holes thro ply.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like a challenge, has anyone ever managed to do that...

In addition to the good advice above, you could sand to the lines rather than rout to them. A home-made sanding drum in a drill press would do.

It could also be easier to use an inverted router and move the template around on the table. That gives you fine control and could make it easier to see the line as the body of the machine would not be in the way.

Just to keep the ball rolling!

My version:

ball game.jpg

Took longer than I expected and became a bit mind numbing, not used to the random theory of the placement of holes, didn't suit my symmetrical thinking, used a combination of hole saws and a router with a bearing cutter with a shop made hole jig for the larger ones.

It is a challenge to get the ball up to the top, but I need some better hardware for the string guides as there is a bit of friction, but all the parts, so far, were found in the stash of bits.

Tried a ping pong ball to start with but it needed some weight, so next up was a golf ball, so more fun was had trying to find the blooming thing when it went through the hole and disappeared under the benches, so maybe a back/ball catcher is the next upgrade.

Latest posts

Back