A Handle....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imageel

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda strange to be posting this, I have all but sold my entire workshop contents and had this machine initially for sale and then free to a good home and today the prospective owner dropped out after seriously underestimating it's weight.
So I am left with a machine no-one wants and tbh it's a bit sad but it has to go, so to aid its removal I chopped it in half -
Before, having disassembled the fence, table, motor, gib and slide/spindle assembly -
before.jpg

The base alone was too heavy to move even bare so I chopped it in half with a 115mm angle grinder, it took 5 x 1mm thick disks albeit the last 2 were only part worn - I just needed the depth -
20240806_151941.jpg

Sections of the casting were between 26-34mm thick - it was quite solid a machine...!

As a momento I am keeping the rise & fall wheel, that alone weighs 5.4Kg..

Kinda weird posting the end-of-life of such a lovely machine when other folks are posting exquisite restorations but the reality is I need to sell up and it had to go...
/Ed

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Such a shame to have had to dismember that whatever- it-was. Would have made a great, albeit smallish cider/perry press.

Sorry to hear about your failing health. All the best to you Ian from a fellow Essex man.
Martin

Back