Kity 1619 and 3636

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boycey

Reaction score
Hi -Apologies if this is not posted in the correct area or has been covered before
I have just acquired a kity 1619 table saw and a 636 planer thicknesser
I am just starting out am refu4bishing where necessary
I am looking for pdf manuals for both if there is anyone that could help it would be most appreciated
Many Thanks

Good Morning Roland
I can't thank-you enough for those
I am refurbishing both so these will help no end
Really appreciated
Thanks again and Regards
(y)

I completely rebuilt a 636 planer/thicknesser about 18 months ago. I bought it in a bit of a state from an old barn clearance, stripped the machine to individual components, removed of rust, cleaned and then re-treated before re-assembly. Mine didn't have a fence so I had to make one and have some bits machined for that, there are posts about it on the forum if you search or if you look at my previous threads. I also had some dust collection ports and a thumbwheel for the planer bed 3D printed which weren't unreasonably expensive as mine didn't have any with it so can share you details for that as well if needed.

Overall it wasn't a bad job, the most difficult things I came across was refurbing the block and getting the heigh adjustment chain for the thicknesser table to run properly.

For what it's worth I have found the 636 to be excellent for my needs, it's compact nature suits my small shed workshop and it excels at everything I ask it to do.

Do message or tag me in a post if you get stuck or need any advice along the way and I will help if I can.

I completely rebuilt a 636 planer/thicknesser about 18 months ago. I bought it in a bit of a state from an old barn clearance, stripped the machine to individual components, removed of rust, cleaned and then re-treated before re-assembly. Mine didn't have a fence so I had to make one and have some bits machined for that, there are posts about it on the forum if you search or if you look at my previous threads. I also had some dust collection ports and a thumbwheel for the planer bed 3D printed which weren't unreasonably expensive as mine didn't have any with it so can share you details for that as well if needed.

Overall it wasn't a bad job, the most difficult things I came across was refurbing the block and getting the heigh adjustment chain for the thicknesser table to run properly.

For what it's worth I have found the 636 to be excellent for my needs, it's compact nature suits my small shed workshop and it excels at everything I ask it to do.

Do message or tag me in a post if you get stuck or need any advice along the way and I will help if I can.
Many thanks for that
Much appreciated
Got both machines for a good price
The 636 looks in great condition overall so shouldn't need too much work ( famous last words)
The table saw doesn't start though - found 2 capacitors In parallel across motor- one has clearly failed - but there discontinued.
Was going to post details on here for some guidance maybe.
Looks like I need an equivalent but not an area I'm over familiar with
Thanks

Many thanks for that
Much appreciated
Got both machines for a good price
The 636 looks in great condition overall so shouldn't need too much work ( famous last words)
The table saw doesn't start though - found 2 capacitors In parallel across motor- one has clearly failed - but there discontinued.
Was going to post details on here for some guidance maybe.
Looks like I need an equivalent but not an area I'm over familiar with
Thanks
You will find a great deal of advice on this forum and if you post about your problems as and when they arise I have no doubt there is the knowledge and experience on here to help with whatever you come across.

Back