Woodworking Guild of America (WWGoA)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit of a rant . . . there have been several promotions from various sources for this organisation, aimed at UK woodworkers - at what appears to be a bargain introductory annual subscription, usually $1.49.

I had a look at the site - yes some interesting stuff, some free plans, some "how to" stuff etc so I splurged my money for the $1.49 deal (making sure I cancelled the auto renewal at, IIRC, about $50 p.a.)

Well, my inbox has never been so busy with incoming messages from WWGoA - at the latest count 9 in just 3.5 days - all with "exclusive offers" to upgrade, buy stuff and tell them how good they are. It's relentless.

OK - I've now added a mailbox rule to herd them into one folder to scan read and then delete - I'm probably nearing the point where I add a "kill at server" rule.

Annoyed of Stratford-upon-Avon

Must admit that I can’t stand the digital replacement of the HARD SELL methods. I don’t like sites that offer you the “ sign up now “ and get 10%!of your 1st order within 30 seconds of browsing their site , followed by are you enjoying our site and finally take this survey to unlock further discounts… it’s just too much ..

Latest posts

Back