which band saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
iam loking for advice on which band saw to buy i cant make my mind up between the Record power BS250 or the Metabo BAS260 any ideas or views on this?

What do you want it for?

How long will it be before you want a bigger saw?

its just for small furniture work mainly chairs cutting a max of 100mm hardwood i see Axminster get good reviews for the same money as the Metabo and Record saws i was lookig in the £200 price range

How did you get on? What did you buy in the end? I am in the same situation and am tearing my hair out trying to decide on what to get. I am erring towards the Record at the mo.
Craig

If gearing towards the record one, wait just a little bit longer, and you might see them reduced in their xmas cracker promo !! (inside info from a record dealer !!) To be honest thou, if you could afford the larger BS300, it by far, a much better bandsaw. If you pm me with your location, I'll find out a record dealer near you, that will be participating in the xmas cracker promo with the reduced price.

Have fun

Stan

Gary":3ua6772w said:
What do you want it for?

How long will it be before you want a bigger saw?

This is a good point, I'm looking for a bandsaw myself. I was thinking about waiting for something decent to pop up on ebay, I usually prefer buying second hand older machines, better motors better made etc. Just not sure what. My budget is about 4-£450 ish Any advice on make?

I may go have a butchers down at timber team see what they have in.

Back