startrite 275 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19915

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just seen this for sale can you confirm that the 275 can be used with a dado blade ???? although i have no interest in purchasing the saw' i do own a 275 saw
Up for sale is my fully refurbished startrite 275 3 Phase Table saw

It has been striped down, sand blasted and painted New bearings all over and new set of v belts

Cast iron top is in good condition

No fence or blade protection included because I refurbish it intending to cut dados with a crosscut sled

Also the side door is missing but very easy to make one if needed

The saw axle can take a 24mm dado blade as seen on the photos

( dado blade is not included ) but 10 new and 3 used blades are part of the auction all triton

I refurbished the saw 3 years ago and short after we move so my workshop is much smaller and not have space for 2 table saws, I own another’s startrite Table saw so this one is up for sale

I have no use of 3phase anymore but I own a inverter and can demonstrate it on collection

The motor is 2.2kw and will cut oak all day long

I am a hobby woodworker so all my tools are look after and have minimal use

This Is heavy and will need to be collected from Princes Risborough Buckinghamshire I will help loading this end

Payment is by PayPal and collection need to be done before 20/02/2018 or after 03/03/2018

Thank you for your interest

You won’t be disappointed

I decided to include the dado blade set if the asking price of £650 is paid

Yes you can i was only asking because i own a 275 and always thought we could not use a dado

Same here I always thought the arbor was too short.I have heard people talking about getting a longer arbor fitted. This may foul the innerds when tilting possibly. Interesting to see if it works

have a look on eBay item number:183055092473 i have also added a photo hope it work's

Attachments

• dado.jpg
    dado.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 146
I had a 275 at one time, and indeed you can fit a Dado. However the width of cut is limited. Startrite used to do a Dado insert which I managed to get hold of.

I don't suppose you have the dado and insert now if so can i have 1st refusal Alan

I’m afraid not. I sold the Saw and all the attachments I had accumulated to a really nice chap who had started making architects models of their building designs. He told me that most people who do this type of work use a Startrite DS275.

The one thing I wish I hadn’t sold with it was the shaw guard for use with a Dado cutter. I actually used it for cutting long stuff or difficuktvto handle stuff. A very handy thing if you ever find one.

Thank's for getting back to me so quick i will have to see what i can find regarding the dado Alan

I have spoken to the person selling the saw and asked how he got the dado to fit the saw reply below

the startrite table saw have no option of taking a dado blade
on this particular one I had the saw axle made to order to be able to take a date blade ps you are welcome to come over and have a look ... but i am afraid he's to far away for me

no problem also this morning he sent me this
The new axle is identical with the original one just longer on the blade side some modifications are required to be able to cut at 45degre but is not to hards
Hope this help

Latest posts

Back