Slipping F-clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew_2

Established Member
Reaction score
This is for all the poor impoverished amateurs like me out there.

I just saw a Wallybois short on Youtube about how to cure slipping f-clamps, where he advises re-filing the serrations on the clamp bar to improve the grip. I think my solution is better, because it turns a knackered F-clamp into an adjustable G-clamp with not much effort or cost and the same clamping power as a mini sash cramp. Long life to all cheap as chips clamps.

If anyone knows a better way to do it, I would love to hear it.

Attachments

• fclamp1.jpg
    fclamp1.jpg
    326.7 KB
  • fclamp2.jpg
    fclamp2.jpg
    256.7 KB
This is for all the poor impoverished amateurs like me out there.

I just saw a Wallybois short on Youtube about how to cure slipping f-clamps, where he advises re-filing the serrations on the clamp bar to improve the grip. I think my solution is better, because it turns a knackered F-clamp into an adjustable G-clamp with not much effort or cost and the same clamping power as a mini sash cramp. Long life to all cheap as chips clamps.

If anyone knows a better way to do it, I would love to hear it.
Excellent idea. I have a couple of very similar looking clamps and they have always slipped. I tend to use these clamps as a last resort when I need clamping to be done!

looks good, certainly save a clamp going into the bin, though I'd loose the pin in seconds, maybe put it on a cord attached to the sliding jaw?

Back