Router Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thornley Marshall Designs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I’ve been looking at Router Tables and as I have a Trend T12 Router, I was looking at this table (https://www.screwfix.com/p/trend-crt-mk3-router-table/257kn?ref=SFAppShare).

What I wanted to ask is this, are these known to be decent or terrible. If they are decent, where would you recommend buying from (reliable sources)?

If terrible, what’s terrible about them and is there an alternative to this one which would work with my Trend T12 Router?

I’m needing a quick response to this please as I’m already behind on a deadline and would like to get this all sorted by end of next week so all advice is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Being happily controversial: all router tables except the £1,000 plus combos are rather naff and many are simply horrid.
Just screw your router to the underside of a plank and make a fence from a bit of wood.
Burn it when you're done with it.

Just screw your router to the underside of a plank and make a fence from a bit of wood.
That's what I have been using for donkeys years, but mine's a premium version as its made from a gash bit of kitchen worktop.

@Thornley Marshall Designs It does help when asking a question if an explanation of the job in hand is shared, there maybe other options and suggestions.

its made from a gash bit of kitchen worktop
The evidence:

rtable1.jpg

No I'm not taking orders, or have any inclination to manufacture them :cool:

Back