Router speed control

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GT-Woodman

Reaction score
IMG_1696.jpeg
IMG_1698.jpeg
IMG_1697.jpeg
IMG_1696.jpeg
Anyone recognise this potentiometer from a router speed control board.

I don’t want to junk the whole router for the want of a replacement.

I the only identifying mark is B254 which I assume means linear 254ohm.

But it totally shot so can’t be measured.

This is the board it bunt also.

I've never seen anything like it in the 50 years since starting in the electronics industry. To me it looks like a special especially with that contact built into the back. Does it disassemble any further?
BTW the last digit on resistors and caps is usually the number of zeros such that 254 becomes 250,000 ie. 250KOhm which seems much more likely.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Martin

I would try and get a replacement module or if that is not available, bypass the controller and use the machine at full speed only.

Lots of different plug in external speed controllers available.

I've never seen anything like it in the 50 years since starting in the electronics industry. To me it looks like a special especially with that contact built into the back. Does it disassemble any further?
BTW the last digit on resistors and caps is usually the number of zeros such that 254 becomes 250,000 ie. 250KOhm which seems much more likely.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
Martin

View attachment 185588View attachment 185590View attachment 185589View attachment 185588Anyone recognise this potentiometer from a router speed control board.

I don’t want to junk the whole router for the want of a replacement.

I the only identifying mark is B254 which I assume means linear 254ohm.

But it totally shot so can’t be measured.

This is the board it bunt also.
Lots of different plug in external speed controllers available.
Looks like I’ll go with an external one.

my first thought is that that is a 'simple' phase angle controller. Is it possible to remove the circlip shown in your third picture showing the underside of the pot? It may be a standard readily available pot underneath. Be careful not to lose the clip though.

Latest posts

Back