Retro fit Dust Hood advice required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GKBray

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am thinking of replaceing the dust hood on my Deft T30, with the retro fit dust hood on Axminster
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-Saw-Table-Dust-Extraction-Guard-32672.htm

The supplied hood on the Deft bolts onto the Riving knife, and stops me being able to wind the blade down below saw bench level. I need to do this, so that I can use the top of the saw bench (with a plywood cover) as an assembly bench.

Has anyone used this hood, or rcan anyone recommend something better / cheaper.

Many thanks

Graham

Hi Graham,

I have one of those, needs to be firmly attached to the saw and base as it is quite heavy and will droop. I find it needs a lot of suck to collect all of the dust above the table.

Check out the guard that Steve M has made for his table saw, that fits on the riving knife but can be quickly removed to allow a flat surface for assembly use.

Thanks Dave, I'll check it out, am getting fairly desperate now, had to run 6 lengths through the saw today, the air was thick with dust, so maybe a fast purchase on this one.

Graham

Latest posts

Back