Parkside plasma cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have bought a Parkside plasma cutter, the type that needs a separate compressor. The compressor tube has a brass connector which does not match my compressor (PCL type). Does anyone know what the parkside type i called, and whether adapters are available to connect to a PCL socket?

Thanks.

K

You should be able to unscew the connector and replace it with a PCL type. If you have one nearby I have found Machine Mart very good for this kind of thing. If not you should find a PCL connector readily enough on the net. They are all standard sized threads. The only gotcha is that pipe threads are on the bore of the pipe rather than the outside diameter. So 1/4" BSP is a little over 1/2" round. That why I suggest you take it into somewhere like Machin Mart and ask for what you need.

I am wondering if the connector is shy, such that you cannot photograph it.

The pool of people who could offer an answer to what you have asked in its current form is limited to a very small set of the human race: those who own said plasma cutter and of that small number those who know what the fitting is called.

Take a guess at those numbers. Do you feel lucky?

I am wondering if the connector is shy, such that you cannot photograph it.

The pool of people who could offer an answer to what you have asked in its current form is limited to a very small set of the human race: those who own said plasma cutter and of that small number those who know what the fitting is called.

Take a guess at those numbers. Do you feel lucky?
:)

We did the same, mainly to learn to use one but it looks like it'll be good for various jobs. Here's a pic of the brass connector:
IMG_20240927_130646.jpg
As to what it's called, we've no idea.

Back