Paint removal.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
The paint on my old house was terrible, I had a couple of painters redo it a few years back, but in no time it was lifting and peeling away.

So I thought , sod this I'm going to do a proper job and I've had it blasted back to the bare plaster.

It already looks so much better.

Question 1 is, I shuttered the windows with 12mm plywood to protect them from the media, and now there's a 12mm or so rim of the old paint around the windows and doors. What would be the best plan for removing this?

Question 2 is, would it be ok just to leave the bare cement plaster or use some kind of sealer, or repaint?

I'm not the one to give you answers on this one but a bit more information could help, are you talking inside or outside walls, what kind of paint are you referring to, what are you going to use to redecorate with?

I'm not the one to give you answers on this one but a bit more information could help, are you talking inside or outside walls, what kind of paint are you referring to, what are you going to use to redecorate with?
Outside walls. The paint was falling off in some places and in others rock hard, so now it's almost all gone.
There's a plaster skirt around the bottom and a band around the windows and doors,

Here's a pic of how it looks now.

IMG_20240628_113116_058.jpg

I'll probably paint it again but I'm in no rush since it already looks much better than before.

Latest posts

Back