Oak drawers off the shelf?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a couple of Oak drawer boxes for a larder type cupboard that I'm making for a customer, I was just going to order a couple from Hafele but they are out of stock of the size I want until August.

I'm looking at ones from Probox as an alternative, the Probox sides are only 13mm thick and Hafele are 16mm thick.... but the Probox have thicker bottoms and are quite a lot cheaper. Anybody got any experience of either/both types?

The size I'm after is to fit in a 1000mm cabinet, 450mm deep, 180mm high, and before anyone suggests it no I won't be getting my dovetail saw out.......

Going to be needing a few more for the same kitchen so want to get it right.

Looks like these are also the Probox ones at Trade-Hinges.

https://www.trade-hinges.co.uk/180mm-oak-dovetail--drawers-1662-p.asp

I have fitted hundreds of probox drawers and have never had one fail. 12mm is fine for a dovetailed drawer, maybe a bit OTT- lots of antique ones which have lasted hundreds of years have 1/4" linings.

In the end I got the drawer boxes and Blum runners from Trade hinges, ordered them yesterday, they turned up this morning and I managed to get them fitted this afternoon.

Very happy with them, turns out it was a good thing Hafele were out of stock :)

Thank you for that, he does some nice stuff. I have opened a trade account with them, won't be using them this time but might in the future (y)
Paul used to make beautiful bespoke kitchens back in the day he then started up the drawer box company & a made in frame kitchen company, he also now sells hardwoods at Ossett hardwoods.
I’ve never had dealings with him he’s too far away I've just watched his business progress firstly on the forum & latterly on Instagram,

Latest posts

Back