No Metal workers In Sheffield.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Alan

Reaction score
Looking for someone so manufacture a bracket to modify my small trolley jack to enable me to lift my large woodworking bench to enable the access to the power supply and extraction system.
It needs a piece of plate bending/welding and a round stud fixing to adapt my trolley jack.
If anyone can help I would appreciate a call/message.

Attachments

• A3 Jack Adaptor.jpg
    A3 Jack Adaptor.jpg
    414 KB
I assume that the cranked part is going under the bench.
Will the jack not pivot on the front wheels as the weight of the bench presses down ?
Cheers, Andy

I assume that the cranked part is going under the bench.
Will the jack not pivot on the front wheels?
Cheers, Andy
Hi Andy,
No, the way it works is the "spade" shape goes under the edge of the bench, then I pump up the jack which lifts the side of the woodworking bench clear of the floor and after inserting support blocks I can then carry out any maintenance on the air or power supplies as they come up though the floor.
I had this system some years ago, but a kind friend borrowed the attachment and he has since left the country.
(I am assuming he took the jack adapter as well)

Hi Andy,
No, the way it works is the "spade" shape goes under the edge of the bench, then I pump up the jack which lifts the side of the woodworking bench clear of the floor and after inserting support blocks I can then carry out any maintenance on the air or power supplies as they come up though the floor.
I had this system some years ago, but a kind friend borrowed the attachment and he has since left the country.
(I am assuming he took the jack adapter as well)
Ah, okay Alan, I did not realise it's tried and tested in a previous incarnation.
Hope you find a willing candidate.
Cheers, Andy

If you could forego the ski slope part, and have it as a cliff edge (vertical), it could be made from two pieces of 100 x 100 angle iron bolted back to back. That would eliminate the need either for welding or for cold bending or for hot bending.

The diameter of the cylindrical piece that goes into the jack head is not given. That could be bolted to the angle, again meaning no welding is needed. Providing the cylindrical piece is a commonly available diameter, the whole item could be made with a hacksaw and drill.

Simplifying it thus means the skills and facilities required for its making are reduced, increasing the number of potential people who could make it.

A toe jack is available from Vevor for £44.64 delivered to your door (£47 less 5% with VVGG5 discount code) as of today. That would provide an upper cost limit for the item.

Back