mold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris1000

Reaction score
my wife has a collection of antique treen items which she displays in a cabinet. These over a period of time have a white mold/mildew on some of the items. Is there anything we could do to clean it of and prevent it happening. She has put in the cabinet silicon packets but it still happens.

Any help will e appreciated.

Furniture Clinic Mould Remover Spray? - meant to be safe to use on leather as well. 🤔

I would wipe them over with a rag soaked in a 50% solution of household bleach. When dry give them a wax with Renaissance Wax as Sideways suggested and then look at airflow as thetyreman suggested.

Is it mould or the polish breaking down?

I was gifted a large turned bowl which assumed a grey / white dusty film over a 12 month period, a wipe with surgical spirit followed by a light treatment with Rustins Danish Oil cured it.

I agree with Chubber, first thing to do is establish what it is, mould or degredation of the finish. If mould then I would give them a rub over with clear vinegar to remove it, then wax.
If it's the finish then Chubbers suggestion or good old IPA, as in alcohol not beer :)
I certainly wouldn't use bleach.

Latest posts

Back