Just joined,

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silken

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Retired Builder, carpenter/joiner/building inspector/surveyor. I have played around with hobby woodworking for a long time, on and off. Move house a couple of years ago and workshop has been down sized. I have managed to build some new shelving and a work bench, I don't have room now though for all my machines so will be advertising some soon.

I found some YT videos talking about downsizing and ensuring that you only keep the tools you mostly use and can accommodate. I do have a few of those as I sure most people have.

I wonder how many still have tools in the original box and never used, I know I am guilty, a good idea at the time.

Anyway if you got this far thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Whatever you sell, 3 days later you'll find you need it. That's life.

If like me, you acquire some tools by finding new ones that are better than what you have, start by shedding all the duplicates and keeping only the best set.

Welcome aboard :)

Welcome, that’s a worry we all face when moving house, will I have a workshop big enough? I suppose like a lot of other people you will have to change your work style to suit your circumstances, going all manpowered only is definitely gaining momentum.
Ian

Welcome Mike, maybe sometime you can relate your time as a building inspector? Having all sorts of problems with our new build original Bldg. Insp. went into administration (part of a package deal warranty etc.) after three visits which then reverts to local authority. L.A Bldg.Insp. seems to want to go over the whole build and add some new ones.

And how many of us have forgotten that we have an (enter tool here) and buy another, only to miraculously find the original within 5 minutes of entering the workshop with the new (enter tool here) ? Me for one! Welcome BTW!

Back