Ideas on wood finish?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommysis

Reaction score
Hello again. This time of question about Wood finishes. I need to sand back and re-coat these kitchen drawers which have become very tired. I’m not sure however what the coating is. The kitchen units were installed around about 2005, if that helps. It feels like some kind of varnish, or maybe lacquer? Obviously they would have chosen something that would cope with heavy usage.

Any ideas anyone? Obviously, I want to colour matche and finish match as much as possible.

IMG_3683.jpeg
IMG_3682.jpeg
image.jpg

It looks like that may well be an Uno German kitchen if the name on the side of the drawer box in your second picture is anything to go by....

Perhaps drop them an email and they should be able to tell you exactly what finish they used on the fronts....🤔

I think their UK head office is in North London...?

Tim.

It looks like that may well be an Uno German kitchen if the name on the side of the drawer box in your second picture is anything to go by....

Perhaps drop them an email and they should be able to tell you exactly what finish they used on the fronts....🤔

Tim.

Tim.
Tim, that is amazing, it is an Uno kitchen. I’m going to give him a ring now.

Hey there. Sadly uno used a supplier that’s gone out of business and don’t have records that far back.

Speaking to the man at uni, he suggested sanding back carefully (it’s solid wood), and then trying laquer without a stain. And then if that was not the right colour, gradually trying slowly darker stains. How does that sound?

Or maybe I should use polyurethane? I haven’t used either before!

Latest posts

Back