• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Fobco Star 1/2" cap floor standing pillar drill (240v), plus morticer and vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Try as I might I can't justify having 2 floor standing pillar drills. I inherited this Fobco on the death of my father in law recently. I have given it a superficial clean, and checked that everything works, which it does. It runs beautifully smoothly and quietly, with no play in the quill which I could detect. The only issue is superficial: the aesthetics are looking a bit tired. The aluminium casting for the belt cover would strip very easily for re-painting.

IMG_7484.jpg

IMG_7485.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

These things disassemble very easily for transport, so collection in any hatch-back is possible. I could deliver locally at a pinch.

I am looking for £250, please.

Separately, or together, there is a mortice attachment for a pillar drill, complete with a 12.8mm (!) mortice chisel. There is also a little engineers vice, which are indispensible on pillar drills when drilling steel. £30 the lot

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

Sorry, but I won't parcel anything up for a courier.

Back