Finishing gazebo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in March I posted about a problem I had with a gazebo I’m building, I had water coming from within the timber to the surface only to be trapped behind the varnished finish. After some advice I received from edufvdb (thank you) I tried oxalic acid. After I removed the varnish I applied the oxalic acid and although it removed the majority of the stains on the areas I tried There are still some stains that are just too deep. Staining and varnishing will still leave me with the same ugly marks so I have made the decision to paint the timber instead.
What I would like to know from all you clever people out there is, If I applied some wet rot wood hardener to the bad areas would that stop it getting worse although to be fair it hasn’t got any wore over the last three months or so.
Also would it be a good idea to strip the varnish off the rest of the gazebo and treat any other affected parts before painting or can I paint on top of the varnish. See photos.
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• 01.jpeg
    01.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 02.jpeg
    02.jpeg
    8.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 03.jpeg
    03.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 04.jpeg