Dewalt DW743 not flipping working.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazy

Reaction score
Hey folks, I’m new on hear and wondered if I could get a bit advice on my Dewalt flip saw? It’s a great tool and I’ve had it for years and used it loads for some awesome projects. Sadly I just got it out and it is working as a table saw but when flipped over to the chop saw it won’t start up. I did have a look at the switch in the handle which seems to function and is closed circuit in a diagonal when depressed so I guess that ok. Would really appreciate if any one has advice on this. Thanks Graeme.

I have an earlier Elu version (TGS 173) of your Dewalt saw and mine has a mechanical switch/pop up pin on the On/Off switch when using the saw in table saw mode.
Once I flip it over Into mitre saw mode, the table automatically depresses the sprung pin and swops the switch over to the switch in the handle.
Perhaps your pin switch is not working/ full of sawdust?.....Mine did this years ago......I just took the main switch apart, blew out the dust and sprayed it all with contact cleaner.....I would assume your saw has some sort of similar set up for auto changing the switch mode?

It's never been an issue since!

mine has a mechanical switch/pop up pin on the On/Off switch when using the saw in table saw mode.
I just went and checked mine, a Dewalt , it starts using either the NVR buttons or the handle switch, in both positions, no sign of an interlock on it.

Latest posts

Back