Combo Table Saw/Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Co1

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon all. I’m moving house in a few weeks and will have a workshop that is a bit bigger than my current. Big enough for a combo machine, but not for them separate. I’ve got between £1-2,000 to spend, so I’m thinking that second hand would be the best bet. What would you recommend I look out for?

Thanks
Col

I have a Minimax 26cg. 10” saw and planer thicknesser plus a spindle moulder, you might have to pay a little more than your budget though.
Having always used big dedicated single machines before I was wary about a combination mc, but it’s pretty good and I’m glad I went down this route ( now I’m retired). It has a terrible fence arrangement that everyone complains about but I have fixed that with my homemade add on, pls just ask.
Ian

Thanks both. That looks like the right sort of thing, but finding a single phase unit on the used market might not be that easy. What else should I be looking for?

The only other one I can think of is the Hammer C31, but they are more expensive.
The Minimax comes as either single or three phase but as it’s more of a hobby type level mc most are probably single.
Ian

Hi Col I’ve never used one but Kity
Combo machines often come up second hand on Facebook/gumtree at around the £500 mark. Could be worth a look as Kitty always get good reviews on here. Only possible problem i can think of might be getting spares for them as they are from the 1980’s/90’s I believe.

Cheers
Pete

Yes..I have a little used Bestcombi 2000 that could be for sale now or in a couple of months when I finally get around to fettling it. It has been sitting doing nothing for 30 years. Paul

I'm still using my Bestcombi 2000. Bought it from new. In all those years, I have had to replace a fanbelt and off-the-shelf bushes for the planer thicknesser. So, for me, it has been a great workhorse for over twenty-six years. They do come up on eBay now and again at bargain prices.

Latest posts

Back