Broken Banjo / Tool Rest Bracket on my Tyme Avon

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todgers

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just broken the banjo on my Tyme Avon lathe, and having searched the internet for a long time now, I can find no obvious place to get a new one. The tool rest itself is fine, it's only the banjo which is broken.

Do you know where I can buy another one? It's cast iron so there's not really any possibility of fixing it.

Thanks

photo-7.JPG

Attachments

• photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 67
there are a couple of people on here with some experience of doing it. IIRC "Dangermouse" and "Wallace" had a discussion on one restoration thread. From what I have read, it may be easier on a small component that can be fully heated reasonably easily. That said, not sure what the cost of having one made against the cost of having your existing one repaired would be.

Hi

As Nev says, welding cast iron is perfectly feasible - something as small cross-sectionally as that could even be 'migged'. Another option to consider is to replace the banjo with something still in production - I'm pretty sure most of the Axi supplied items could be adapted with the minimum of effort.

Regards Mick

Latest posts

Back