Bristol Based New Member

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wiggum123

Reaction score
Hey all!
As requested I'm doing a little intro! I am based in Bristol, have a pretty small workshop with various tools, new and old.
I really love working with wood and have completed a few projects outside of the norm including a pergola and a whisky display case for my dad.
Ive got a Kity bandsaw that I found for free on FB Marketplace, a lathe that was very kindly gifted to me, a Kity planer that again I found on marketplace (but wasnt free). I love using the older kit but deffo get frustrated with it.
I have used this site a lot for various things so thought I would join up to be able to give back

Thanks for the welsome.
Here is the box I made for my dad's 80th birthday, the dovetails were done using a jig but still super proud of it.
A lot of the routing was done using his ELU router, which he gave me a few years prior. I made him a similar case for his 70th, I think I've improved a little since then!
I'll dig out some photos of the pergola in a bit. Currently working on a new handle for an old kitchen knife and replacement handles for old saucepans, will be the first project using the lathe so I have lots to learn!

Attachments

• PXL_20240120_135515608.jpg
    PXL_20240120_135515608.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240120_135435780.jpg
    PXL_20240120_135435780.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240115_221952079.jpg
    PXL_20240115_221952079.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240112_133820564.jpg
    PXL_20240112_133820564.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Welcome. If you like old tools I'd recommend a trip to Bristol Design tool shop at the top of Christmas steps. It could be expensive though, I certainly ended up spending more than I intended, but went home with some great tools and a big smile on my face.
:)

Welcome. If you like old tools I'd recommend a trip to Bristol Design tool shop at the top of Christmas steps. It could be expensive though, I certainly ended up spending more than I intended, but went home with some great tools and a big smile on my face.
:)
That sounds like a dangerous place! I went down to Yandles a while ago and haven't financially recovered from that yet...

Thanks for the welsome.
Here is the box I made for my dad's 80th birthday, the dovetails were done using a jig but still super proud of it.
A lot of the routing was done using his ELU router, which he gave me a few years prior. I made him a similar case for his 70th, I think I've improved a little since then!
I'll dig out some photos of the pergola in a bit. Currently working on a new handle for an old kitchen knife and replacement handles for old saucepans, will be the first project using the lathe so I have lots to learn!
Looks great - personally I don’t think it matters if you used a jig , trained a load of woodworm to cut the dovetails or had 3 wishes from a genie 🧞‍♂️ keep it up ..🤗🤗

Latest posts

Back