Blum drawer stabilisers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be fitting some 1200mm wide x 440mm deep x 180mm high Oak drawers in a kitchen island on Movento runners (probably 70kg), they will have knobs or pull handles so not push to open.

Will I need the side stabilisation kit, I've never used it before, although I've never fitted drawers this wide before either!

I presume it just makes things run smoother, especially if pulling the drawer open from off centre?

I will fit them if needed, just didn't want to spend the customers money unnecessarily (a few drawers soon gets a bit spendy!).

I don't know myself but recently purchased Blum draw boxes and am fitting the centre stabiliser on 800mm and 600mm wide draws but these are made up of metal frames and 16mm melamine base and back so may rick if not stabilised. I would say in your case they could help if the draws have heavy items in (stop twisting) but if your draws are made of solid oak (say with dovetails) they might be a waste of money.

Blum technical advice are very good.

Back