Baileigh Magnetic Sheet Metal Folder 220v 50Hz

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suuuuu

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope someone here is god with electricity…I am doing some research on the voltage requirements of the Baileigh Magnetic Sheet Metal Folder BB-4816M before I buy it. I have read the manual, which states that this machine should run on 220V 60Hz ±5%. I am not sure if it is because of the electromagnetic components that it has quite a small tolerance for voltage differences. Does anyone have this machine in their shop? Is it okay to run it on UK 230V 50Hz or 240v? Thanks!!

Manual here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1281669/Baileigh-Bb-4816m.html?page=19#manual

From the manual, the machine is designed to work on US mains but as can be seen from the circuit the coil is run from DC so the frequency difference is not an issue. heat dissipation in the coil will rise with the square of the voltage but should be within design limits especially as I assume the coil is only energised for short periods. If you find the machine is over heating in normal use, then I have a tried and tested way of reducing the voltage without the need for a big step down transformer rated at 12amps as would normally be the case. I use this on a large american thicknesser rated at 220v 60Hz

From the manual, the machine is designed to work on US mains but as can be seen from the circuit the coil is run from DC so the frequency difference is not an issue. heat dissipation in the coil will rise with the square of the voltage but should be within design limits especially as I assume the coil is only energised for short periods. If you find the machine is over heating in normal use, then I have a tried and tested way of reducing the voltage without the need for a big step down transformer rated at 12amps as would normally be the case. I use this on a large american thicknesser rated at 220v 60Hz
Thanks for replying. overheating is the thing that I worry about. May I know which step-down transformer from 240V to 220V you are using? All the ones I found step down directly to 110V or 120V. Thank you!

Back