• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Axminster PT106 floorstanding planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
The thicknesser has clean tables, but does have a few "known" faults -

It's blades will be blunt. Axminster will charge a load for them but there's a seller on ebay that does them for, iirc, about £20 for the set of three.

I suspect it could do with a new drive belt, as it's been unused for some time and, well, belts are pocket change, so may as well.

The bezel around one of the buttons is cracked. Been like that since I got it, never bothered me, but it's something that should be mentioned.

And the main thing that knocks down it's "value" if I were to try and put it on eBay etc. is the powdercoat has chips and is delaminating, so it's visually tatty (or would be if I rubbed off the powdercoat where it's bubbled)

It's not a current model. I think the current one is the 106PT2 which is pretty similar.

eBay price on mine obviously varies (it seems high right now, but it goes up and down!). I think, given its condition (most of which really doesn't matter but would knock down auction price significantly) £400 would be a fair price. That would give you a nicely working machine with new blades and a new belt for under £450 BUT it would still have bubbling powdercoat and look tatty! Again the tables are fine though.

This is picked up, and paid for, rather than shipped. If i wanted to ship it, id go the ebay route - id like someone to come round, see it, be happy with it, etc.

When you look at what lunchbox units sell for, £400 is great, but id really like some space back!

Nonsense background (i mean you dont need to know this - the sale is what it is without this speel!) -

The reason I no longer use it -

I finally got a wadkin bao/s. I eventually got a broken one (had fallen off a tail lift and had multiple damaged castings) - I got all the parts but, whilst I was doing so, a big drum sander came up, and I bought that.

I use the drum sander loads and have just lost interest in both the thicknesses since.

I do resin work on figured parts, and the drum sander is much better suited to that kind of job than the thicknessers.

My motivation for flogging it now is it's been sitting, forgotten, in the workshop for ages, but, since yesterday, I now have a hydrovane 23 (compressor) in the way and my partner says I'm not allowed to put it on the kitchen table - I was looking about for space and remembered the thicknesser!

Ive taken a good few photos below so as you can see its unloved state!

Points to note, peeling powdercoat, missing switch bezel, scrapes along the thicknesser table, but also, note how the original machining marks are still visible in the table - ie it hasnt just been sanded to death etc.

Happy to take more photos of specifics on demand.

Again, collection from EX16 (devon) about 20 mins easy drive from J27/M5. Price £400 firm.

Thank you.

IMG_20240827_170029058.jpg
IMG_20240827_170036997.jpg

IMG_20240827_170041167.jpg
1.jpg
IMG_20240827_170200311.jpg
IMG_20240827_170212940.jpg

IMG_20240827_170223553.jpg

Latest posts

Back